Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Puppy Love

I'm a cat person. But when dogs get little bows and become printed onto silk chiffon it makes me feel like switching sides. I like my novelty prints rendered on the twee-est shapes possible, and the ruffles and tiered sleeves of this top fit the bill perfectly. Novelty prints always feel a bit 1940s to me (my favourite dressing decade) so I tucked them into a tweed pencil skirt with the slightest of fishtail hems. The hem also features an asymmetrical frayed ruffle, keeping it from being too derivative.
I just had to match the Scotty dogs' bows with my shoes. I recently purchased this patent pair so I can continue to wear red pumps in inclement weather, as my suede ones are just not Vancouver friendly. The pointy toe makes them a bit more vampy, but the low heel keeps them walkable.
Blouse: Femme de Carriere
Skirt: Nanette Lepore, Holt Refrew (on summer clearance)
Shoes: Vince Camuto, Winners

Thanks to Mono for her photography!

4 comments:

  1. I love this look!!! I have my eye out for some novelty prints featuring animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAMN. You look hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10/12/2011

    Woow. I like this look! :) Very nice dress, I also love this kind of outlet. However I prefer Kate Spade Outlet! :)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete