Monday, October 3, 2011

Concrete Jungle

I rarely take 'going out' photos, an oversight I hope to remedy despite the challenges of evening photography. I braved Yaletown hecklers and unflattering streetlights just to bring you these shots of my new black and white animal print haircalf pumps .
The outfit that I wore for drinks with the ladies consists of items I wear to teach. Because I am on a limited budget, I try for most of my purchases to be both business casual and cocktail cute. That way moving from academic life into nightlight just requires more daring coordination and thicker eyeliner. The majority of your wardrobe should be wearable to more than one type of event, even it it means your students will write about your shoes in your course evaluations.
Blazer and Pumps: Zara
Blouse: Club Monaco
Jeans: Paige Premium, Zappos.com
Necklace: Vintage, Etsy
Bag: Kate Spade, Kate Spade Outlet

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10/03/2011

    I came to the reading room today in search of you and your new ring, but, alas, you and your ring were not there. And it is so hard to see it in this picture! (but you look lovely as always). Hope I can see you in person soon to congratulate you in real life and envy your beautiful new jewellery!
    Paisley

    ReplyDelete